Occasional thoughts of another crazed human

Friday, April 07, 2006

Bart, Vart, Fart

I love the English language. There are so many funny words and what's cool is that you can make up words as you go. So I have invented 2 new ones this week.

Last night I took a bath and since our tub does not hold water well, by the end there was just a thin layer of water left. Now, probably due to having had two children, there's all this extra skin around my abdomen and so when I pulled my belly up a little this hideous noise erupts (resulting from the suction created by the water). It cracked me up so much that I kept making it ... until Levi woke up, beat loudly on his door and Mark came upstairs to put him back to bed. Then I showed it to Mark and dubbed the occasion a "bart."

The other word, well, I thought I ingeniusly coined it in the midst of a conversation with my sister last week (to our mother's dismay - she honestly tried to teach us better). Then I looked on Urbandictionary. com and it turns out it is common wordage for almost exactly what we were discussing, although our version was less intimate.

All these new words at a time that I can't say them anymore. Mark and I are trying to clean up our vocabulary as Levi is learning so much in that area these days. So we 'pass things' in our family these days.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home