Occasional thoughts of another crazed human

Monday, December 19, 2005

Peppermint Flavored Marshmallows

I made those for an all-church open house we hosted yesterday. We had them on our home-made hot chocolate. They are very pretty and pink. Although as one person asked, the truth is they came at the expense of ignoring my children for a few hours. But then ... everything I do requires ignoring them and so I feel constantly guilty for little indulgences like checking my email, taking a shower (that reminds that I haven't done that yet today), and typing blogs (Seth is sitting on my lap, cooing and stroking my arm- trying to get my attention). Will I ever again feel good about accomplishing things? Will I always remain so busy, so behind that something or someone suffers every time that I prepare for a meeting, exercise, cook a meal, spend time in meditative worship, or even play with my children? Having two children is crazy.

So, thus, peppermint-flavored marshmallows is the reason I haven't blogged in a while. What a treat!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home