Occasional thoughts of another crazed human

Thursday, November 03, 2005

10 years ago I was:

- seventeen and sure that my age was the height of teenagehood

- working as a locksmith's 'assistant.'

- Watching as my grandpa prepared to die

- Just feeling God's call to ministry

5 years ago I was:

- 22 years old

- a senior at Olivet

- Engaged to Mark

- terrified of marriage

- Determined to go to pursue a masters degree


1 year ago I was:


- Mother of a 7 month old boy

- About to be pregnant for another although I wouldn't figure it out for a long time

- employed for a cause I just couldn't get behind and leaving my child with a lady I wasn't comfortable with

- working through questions of calling, purpose, fears of ordination, etc

- really wanting painted walls in my new house


Yesterday I:

- lead prayer meeting because my hubbie is sick and threw his back out

- Got up early to finish my Bible study questions, didn't like them 'cause they are leading, and went to bible study.

- raked the leaves for exercise

- Made a package for my 30-year-old sister's birthday.

- ate 3 Reese's Cups and several Tootsie Rolls and then a big salad for dinner

5 snacks I enjoy:
- Natural Chunky Peanut butter, spoonfuls from the jar

- Hershey's candy bars (little ones that were on clearance at Walmart after Halloween) gulped down with a small handful of peanuts.

- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (big and small)

- Dry Roasted peanuts and raisins (or chocolate chips)

- a glass of V 8 juice with 2 ice cubes


5 songs I know all the words to:
- Mi Dios Es Tan Grande

- God is Bigger than the Boogey Man - Veggietales

- One Day More - Les Miserables Soundtrack

- On My Own – Les Miserables Soundtrack

- Empty Chairs at Empty Tables – Les Miserables Soundtrack

5 things I would do with 100 million dollars:

- Paint the nursery at church (and put up a border too) - it would actually cost less than $100 - I wonder if I should tell the trustees how cheap that is?

- Pay off Mark's student loans

- Set up trust funds for my children and at least 10 other kids to go to college

- Pay for a couple family members to go to or finish their educations so they can pursue the rest of the good things God has planned for them!

- Give it away!!! What individual needs that much money? The thought almost makes my skin crawl.

5 places I would run away to:
- that funny-angled/comfy chair on the screened patio of the 5th floor of Pelicano 26, Madrid, Spain

- That little sitting area behind the Kelley Prayer Chapel next to the road back there.

- The tree is the backyard of Grandma's house - as long as the family is still barbequing on the patio underneath and Grandpa is sitting in his 'director's chair'

- Grace Church of the Nazarene in Kansas City, MO

- That little cabin on the little lake on Grand Mesa in Colorado

5 things I would never wear:
- Clothes ... :)

- Tinted eyeglasses (unless there was some overwhelming medical reason)

- Animal skin printed anything or fur for that matter

- a bikini in public - not after my two pregnancies - I look like a treasure map that can't be solved

- Coolats (sp?) ... I mean, again.

5 favorite TV shows

- Extreme Makeover Home Edition (my husband cries every week)

- Well, that's the only show I watch right now so I guess that is it.

5 bad habits:

- Waiting to fold the laundry until the laundry baskets are all full of clean laundry and over-flowing

- Procrastinating

- Leaving my shoes all over the house

- Losing my keys - everyday

- Stockpiling groceries on sale and never using them - instead I wait for another sale and use that stuff


5 biggest joys:
- Playing ball or anything with Levi

- Holding sleeping Seth up on my chest

- Beating Mark at card games

- Talking with my sisters, Mom, or Dad on the phone

- Naptime - two sleeping boys and time to myself J


5 fictional characters I would date (there’s not a point in dating now):

- Mr. Incredible (I hope it would make me Elasta-girl)

- Yes, indeed, - Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice – he’s a polygamist by now, I wonder if Jane Austen intended that.

- Maybe the King of Siam – from Anna and the King

- Jean Valjean from Les Miserables

- Not Jesus - :) 'cause he's not fictional

5 people I tag to do this:

WHOEVER’S INSPIRED TO DO SO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home