Occasional thoughts of another crazed human

Monday, September 04, 2006

My baby's hives

So sad news. Seth seems to be allergic to peanuts (or almonds or pecans). He had quite a reaction to a granola bar that had all these things in it. Poor thing! Maria and I were discussing how his digestive system is about as intolerant as hers. At least, he doesn't know what he's missing. So at this point, it seems to be that eggs, dairy, and nuts are on the "off" list.

Yeah, so life is crazy at a lot of moments. My spirit is heavy too much. People tell us we need to laugh more. I agree, laughing is beautiful. I think that God gave us two silly little boys for a reason. I like them so much, even though Seth tries to eat the candles all day long and Levi likes to catapult off Seth's head. But with kids come some extra worries. With the church's woes, Mark and I are exploring options to bring in some more cash. One idea is for me to run an in-home daycare, except Lexa told me last night that I'd probably have to have a minivan. My inwards are revolting. Maybe I should sell drugs ... or Mary Kay. Oh, seriously! Anyways. Something will work out.

But I am having the hardest time lately. Life is heavy for several members of my family. I have to write a paper on suffering and faith. What a challenge when I can't seem to seperate myself from the pain around me and in me. Actually, last week's emphasis in my Scripture and reflective reading was to ask God into where we feel the greatest hurt, doubt, hope, and faith. Timely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home